Various birds and animals.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Excellent set of images, Lance. One of the most interesting shots I've ever seen of an echidna. Wombats are so cute. Though I understand they can be destructive to farms/gardens.

Excellent set of images, Lance. One of the most interesting shots I've ever seen of an echidna. Wombats are so cute. Though I understand they can be destructive to farms/gardens.
Thank you very much, Dan!
The Echidna was a surprise to me as it was down near a beach which had a small lagoon behind it. It swam across the lagoon, maybe 50mts and then emerged on the sand and walked on a mission towards the bush. I got down low and he kept walking towards me only turning at the last moment to wade across a small creek to the bush.
Wombats are simply a ball of muscle. They can charge you if you upset them but it is rare. If you hit one with your car at speed you will usually write your car off as well as the wombat.

Back