Video file uploading issue in LrC.......

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

On my latest canoeing outing to photograph wildlife, on my return trip, I decided to video my entire distance back to my put in location, about 1.5 miles. Camera on tripod in front of me to take in any wildlife that I could catch on video, it was about a 35 min paddle, the video file was large at 9 GB. This one .mp4 file will not import and I keep getting the message shown below. I had just a total of 16 files to import, several still images and several .mp4 files......other video files imported nicely, they were from 30 sec to 5 min in length. I can't see this being a "free space" issue, as there is more than one TB of space available. Is this file not "writable" because it's 9 GB? The movie recording size was: "Full HD 1920x1080 119.9FPS Light IPB". Is there a size limitation to video files uploaded to LrC, I can't find any information about it?

Screenshot 2023-11-12 171618.png

On my latest canoeing outing to photograph wildlife, on my return trip, I decided to video my entire distance back to my put in location, about 1.5 miles. Camera on tripod in front of me to take in any wildlife that I could catch on video, it was about a 35 min paddle, the video file was large at 9 GB. This one .mp4 file will not import and I keep getting the message shown below. I had just a total of 16 files to import, several still images and several .mp4 files......other video files imported nicely, they were from 30 sec to 5 min in length. I can't see this being a "free space" issue, as there is more than one TB of space available. Is this file not "writable" because it's 9 GB? The movie recording size was: "Full HD 1920x1080 119.9FPS Light IPB". Is there a size limitation to video files uploaded to LrC, I can't find any information about it?

View attachment 74244

I believe the limit is 5gb. Tried opening in a video editor? LRC is really and barely suitable for very short ones.

Well, I noticed that LrC on my last try had stopped reading the carder at it's top mounted port, so I switched it to the USB-C port on the back of the computer and the file loaded on the first try. The computer is brand new built at Best Buy and maxed out on components for very high peformance, which it is, I guess the port has gone bad, idk.

Back