Video Newb

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi folks. With the purchase of a Z8 (upgrade from a D500), I've been getting video-curious and tried it out with some beavers at my local nature reserve. I've got a lot to learn and practice, and these are my first attempts, so don't judge too harshly:

These were handheld as well, as you can tell.

I have the Adobe photo suite for photo editing but it doesn't include Premier, so recommendations for a cheap video editor would be most welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Hi folks. With the purchase of a Z8 (upgrade from a D500), I've been getting video-curious and tried it out with some beavers at my local nature reserve. I've got a lot to learn and practice, and these are my first attempts, so don't judge too harshly:

I have the Adobe photo suite for photo editing but it doesn't include Premier, so recommendations for a cheap video editor would be most welcome.

Thanks for looking.
Hi Doomrider74,

These are two excellent pieces of footage for a "Newb". Well done indeed! I can't believe I sat and watched a Beaver scratching itself for a minute and a half, but the sequence held my attention that well.

For editing I recommend Davinci Resolve. I've been using it for 2 years now (used Adobe Premier Pro for 4 years) and there's nothing it can't do, and it's free.

Good luck and keep shooting, :)
Rudy

Hi Doomrider74,

These are two excellent pieces of footage for a "Newb". Well done indeed! I can't believe I sat and watched a Beaver scratching itself for a minute and a half, but the sequence held my attention that well.

For editing I recommend Davinci Resolve. I've been using it for 2 years now (used Adobe Premier Pro for 4 years) and there's nothing it can't do, and it's free.

Good luck and keep shooting, :)
Rudy
I know, right? I've watched it numerous times and it doesn't get old 😄

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

Thanks for looking.
Wow, you done good Doomrider74!
That first one made me laugh out loud and call Donna in to watch it with me.
Be very careful, video can be very addicting.
Dave
Hope to see more from you posted!

as for video editing with a 4K video - I have Movavi video editor plus ---- Wondershare Filmora13- others may use something else of course
shootng in MP4 format is no problem but going to MOV format to video, some editing suites may not be able to handle. which these two I mentioned can

Back