Vietnam and Cambodia

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I didn't know where to put this thread as it isn't all strictly landscapes. Maybe we need a travel section?

Anyway, I went to Vietnam and Cambodia for a few weeks. It didn't help that I hurt my lower back the day we left and suffered for the first week with it, making enjoyment of anything rather tough. All this in extremely hot humid conditions mostly in the south of Vietnam and Cambodia. It was 39 Deg C every day we were in Siem Reap where Angkor Wat is. I took the 14-30 f4 and the 24-120 f4 which served me well and probably used the 24-120 95% of the time.

Anyway, here are a few images.

It's almost impossible to get a shot of Ha Long Bay without a boat/ship in the photo somewhere! So, I sometimes made them a focal point.

1) Ha Long Bay
A World Heritage site.
original.jpg

2) Ha Long Bay
original.jpg

3) Ha Long Bay
original.jpg

4) Ha Long Bay
original.jpg

5) Huế
An Imperial City gate at night
A World Heritage site
original.jpg

6) Tam Giang–Cau Hai Lagoon
original.jpg

7) Tam Giang–Cau Hai Lagoon
original.jpg

8) Hội An
A World Heritage site.
The city of lanterns
original.jpg

9) Hội An
original.jpg

10) Angkor Wat
A World Heritage site
The largest religious structure in the world.
original.jpg

11) Angkor Wat
original.jpg

12) Angkor Wat
original.jpg

13) Monks in Angkor Wat
original.jpg
What a superb series!
sorry to hear about your back. I know a good neurosurgeon in Melbourn……!
I didn’t realise they got 39 degree days there. It must have been pppressive.
i

My wife and I did a similar trip a few years ago, and visited all the places that you went to.
Some lovely images you have posted here, which have given us some great memories.
Thanks for sharing Lance.
Gavin

What a superb series!
sorry to hear about your back. I know a good neurosurgeon in Melbourn……!
I didn’t realise they got 39 degree days there. It must have been pppressive.
i
Thank you very much, Iain. Much appreciated!

Backs good now. :)

Yeah, 39 Deg C in Siem Reap, probably because it is inland, not near the ocean. Phnom Penh Was a more bearable 33 Deg C as it is closer to the ocean etc. They were having a bit of a heatwave, but that is probably partly due to the El Nino now in the Pacific.

My wife and I did a similar trip a few years ago, and visited all the places that you went to.
Some lovely images you have posted here, which have given us some great memories.
Thanks for sharing Lance.
Gavin
Thank you very much, Gavin. Much appreciated!

I wish I hadn't had my bad back for the first week as I would have ventured out more, but I just did the organised tours that had been arranged. Still, it is a lovely place, people are great and the food excellent.

Back