View Across Cook Inlet

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Morning alpenglow on the mountains across Cook Inlet from Anchorage. Viewed from the hillside on the east side of town.

Nikon D850 w/70-200mm f4@135mm CPL, two frames stitched

p2284608796-6.jpg

Dan, in 2000;we were lucky enough to tour Alaska & the very first morning from our hotel room we got a view of Denali much like your first shot. What a view! Don’t take any of it for granted. Thanks for sharing both pictures. We were lucky as we toured Denali Park as we also were able to get of Denali as we went. Just great.

Beautiful! thanks much for sharing.
Glad you enjoyed it, Dan.
Dan, in 2000;we were lucky enough to tour Alaska & the very first morning from our hotel room we got a view of Denali much like your first shot. What a view! Don’t take any of it for granted. Thanks for sharing both pictures. We were lucky as we toured Denali Park as we also were able to get of Denali as we went. Just great.
Compared to Anchorage proper we endure three or four extra weeks of winter, more snow, and frequent wind storms just so we can see this view with our coffee once or twice a week. Not tanking any of it for granted. Moved into town for a couple of years and had to come back up the hill.

Glad you enjoyed it, Dan.

Compared to Anchorage proper we endure three or four extra weeks of winter, more snow, and frequent wind storms just so we can see this view with our coffee once or twice a week. Not tanking any of it for granted. Moved into town for a couple of years and had to come back up the hill.
For a flat lander in Kansas for that view I’d probably concur with your choice also! Wow, that would be amazing. Take care.

Beautiful pano, Dan!
Thanks, Karen.
For a flat lander in Kansas for that view I’d probably concur with your choice also! Wow, that would be amazing. Take care.
I grew up on the Carolina low country. Second half of my life has been around mountains and I still love it. We spend winters back on the SC coast and while I do enjoy the beach I always look forward to getting back to AK.
What a wonderful image, great color and composition...I love the pano format for mountain range shots!
Glad you enjoyed the photo. I go for the two extremes, wide panos or zeroed in on individual peaks, etc. I struggle with capturing conventional formats that look interesting.

Morning alpenglow on the mountains across Cook Inlet from Anchorage. Viewed from the hillside on the east side of town.

Nikon D850 w/70-200mm f4@135mm CPL, two frames stitched

p2284608796-6.jpg
Very nice. Always great to see these shots of Alaska; the few weeks I spent there the fog/cloud/solid rain ceiling never got above 150 feet :)

@NorthernFocus - whaaaooo fantastic image , the colour in the sky over the mountains is simply amazing 👏👏👏 ..
Thanks for commenting. It's interesting how much the sky can vary from day to day.
Very nice. Always great to see these shots of Alaska; the few weeks I spent there the fog/cloud/solid rain ceiling never got above 150 feet :)
Yes in coastal Alaska we can go weeks at a time without seeing the sun.
Dan, I think I prefer the first shot! :)
Yeah, me too.
What an incredible view and a very nice shot, thanks for sharing but now I am officially jealous!
Glad you enjoyed it. Jealous? I have the cure for that. This morning it's -2F.

Thanks for commenting. It's interesting how much the sky can vary from day to day.

Yes in coastal Alaska we can go weeks at a time without seeing the sun.

Yeah, me too.

Glad you enjoyed it. Jealous? I have the cure for that. This morning it's -2F.
Yeah well there is always that, it is around 70 here at the moment.

Back