Viewfinder and Monitor not mirrored

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have just bought a nikon z 8. The monitor does not display the image I want to photograph and can clearly see through the EVF. It does however display my exposure settings and the info button option boxes. I’ve checked all the obvious settings. Your help would be appreciated.

What you see is controlled by you in the custom menu settings d17 + d18; g16+g17 and the 3rd item in playback menu.
On the top left of the outside of the EVF there is a button | [] | - press this a few times until prioritise EVF comes up and see if this solves your problem - the default is Automatic Display Switch. I would press it and see what happens - some settings turn off the LCD so keep pressing until you get what you want.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 08.04.45.png
Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 08.04.52.png

Hello - maybe you are new to mirrorless.

There is a button on the top left of the prism that lets you cycle between viewfinder only (perhaps the current setting), monitor only, or automatic display which lets you see through the viewfinder and automatically switches to the monitor when you take your eye away.

What you see is controlled by you in the custom menu settings d17 + d18; g16+g17 and the 3rd item in playback menu.
On the top left of the outside of the EVF there is a button | [] | - press this a few times until prioritise EVF comes up and see if this solves your problem - the default is Automatic Display Switch. I would press it and see what happens - some settings turn off the LCD so keep pressing until you get what you want.

View attachment 62744View attachment 62745
Yes what I have described is in display 5 within d17 (custom monitor shooting display).I’ve just switched to display 3. Thank you
-

View attachment 62744View attachment 62745
Thank you Andy - you’ve solved my problem !

Back