Vote for your favorite pose.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Which one of the frames is your favorite based on the Eagles pose?

• Frame 1

• Frame 2

• Frame 3

Results are only viewable after voting.
Definitely #1 for me; all about those two wings in upper left 'becoming' parallel as if part of a choreographed routine! Again, stunning photograph technically and artistically. Oh yah! Print it and print it large! :)
When I did my first run through of culling I saved the entire 40 or so shot string. The number one shot was my initial first choice. Those are 3 of 4 frames in a row. One frame I didn’t include the fish is covering the eagles face.

This was shot at 30 fps and at that frame rate there are only 4 frames like this. So for those that don’t believe FPS matter I wonder with the slower rate if they would have even gotten the one image I did?

It’s funny I often find in my first pass on photomechanic I tend to pic the one I like the best without having to study each frame to much.

Last edited:
When I did my first run through of culling I saved the entire 40 or so shot string. The number one shot was my initial first choice. Those are 3 of 4 frames in a row. One frame I didn’t include the fish is covering the eagles face.

This was shot at 30 fps and at that frame rate there are only 4 frames like this. So for those that don’t believe FPS matter I wonder with the slower rate if they would have even gotten the one image I did?

It’s funny I often find in my first pass on photomechanic I tend to pic the one I like the best without having to study each frame to much.
I'm with you on the game of roulette of getting the perfect shot of a moving subject, and the saviour that can be (is!) FPS :) And everything sure did come together on the shot, right down to the fish!

Beautiful series! Number one for sure. I did hear that we prefer action going from left to right (the way we read), so I wondered what it would be liked flipped with a bit more canvass.

A bit like this:
Flip and extend canvass.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I don't enter photo competitions so I would tempted to make a composite of 1 & 3. The eyes have it for me so #1 but the pose is better in #3. I would be tempted to take the head from #1 and clone into #3, looks an easy edit. Not sure if it would look ok but I would certainly give it a try!

Back