Waxing Crescent Moon

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
_NZ91925_DxO_1854 x 1854.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Is there a bird or bear up there somewhere? You ARE Dan from Alaska, right? 😆 Seriously, a really nice capture! Beyond me why I can't get something like this in focus!

Great detail.
Thanks for commenting.

Is there a bird or bear up there somewhere? You ARE Dan from Alaska, right? 😆 Seriously, a really nice capture! Beyond me why I can't get something like this in focus!
Just testing out the optics :)

It's been my very limited experience in photographing the moon is that if you wait to long after it rises it's like trying to photo a light bulb o_O
239k miles away :oops:

I almost expect the millennium falcon to come tearing around the corner!
I'd prefer a peregrine falcon. Bucket lister :rolleyes:

Great image Dan. I've been giving this shot a bit of thought myself. I might have to give it a whirl.
Where you are clear skies shouldn't be a problem. I've found that unless you want to catch the colors during rise/set it's best to shoot when the moon is high in the sky and ground temperature has had time to cool a bit. Less heat/atmospheric distortion that way.

Excellent capture.
Thanks, Rick.

Back