Wedding Photography - Why do you love/hate it?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

While enjoying the thread about Steve in Spain, I was struck by deep feeling expressed about wedding photography. I've never done it, so feel I'm missing something.

What makes it difficult for many photographers to enjoy shooting weddings? Does it require a certain personality to thrive doing this? Can you share a war story or two to illustrate the joys and/or pains of doing wedding photography?

I appreciate gaining insight here, especially since a friend may be asking me to shoot their child's wedding later this year (should I embrace - or run away - from this "opportunity"?).
Thank you!

While enjoying the thread about Steve in Spain, I was struck by deep feeling expressed about wedding photography. I've never done it, so feel I'm missing something.

What makes it difficult for many photographers to enjoy shooting weddings? Does it require a certain personality to thrive doing this? Can you share a war story or two to illustrate the joys and/or pains of doing wedding photography?

I appreciate gaining insight here, especially since a friend may be asking me to shoot their child's wedding later this year (should I embrace - or run away - from this "opportunity"?).
Thank you!
Personally, I would run away and duck their calls, grin. However, I have attached a PDF file containing some tips, on how to prepare, and questions to prepare for and ask. Please send a PM if you have questions. Don't forget to Smile, JimmyT Sends

Attachments

• 2016-10-28 Wedding.Tips.Shot.Lists.Contract.Questions.pdf
    100.7 KB · Views: 40
Back