What are your most cherished photographic Bucket List birds?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Where in Maine did you find them Robert?
Machias Seal Island. One licensed boat captain can bring 10-12 people on the island between May and Sept. They go on sale on March 5. All tickets will go in an hour. Boldcoast.com
Of course, you can also go to Newfoundland and Iceland. I hope to visit Iceland next year to see thousands.

Currently topping my list is the Pueo (Hawaiian owl). They are endangered and hard to find. Another on my list, the peregrine falcon that visits Hawaii every winter and can sometimes be seen around the Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki. Peregrine falcons are infrequent visitors here, but this one has come the last several years. Sandhill cranes, borrowing owls. Otherwise any bird I haven’t gotten yet.

I’ve been very fortunate to be able to travel a lot and get many birds on my list already - sulfur crested cockatoos and galah in Australia, kaka parrots in New Zealand, Laysan albatross, red footed boobies, shearwaters, nene and many others in Hawaii, bald eagle in Montana, osprey in Virginia.

Just got one of my bucket list bird photos in the last couple of weeks.

Attachments

• Z80_1844-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    Z80_1844-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
I love Cedar Waxwings but very rare for me to see them and only come once a year for a few days around here. Last year however we got a large flock that stayed for a few days eating berries. This is one image I got which I love.
hbspd012423__0458.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
My problem is that I never take anything off the bucket list. After I shoot a long sought after subject I just want to do it again and do better :confused: But I guess if I had to come up with a list it would be loons swimming with chicks on their back. And burrowing owls. And peregrines. And short eared owls(again). And snowy owls(again). And great greys(again). And of course you can never have enough bald eagle shots. Oh yeah golden eagle. And....

Back