What is this ??

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Well that certainly adds to the case well done, i might need to be prepared for the flees to infest my arm pits LOL
I wonder what there used for.
Two different poles. One is taller than the other, the second one is leaning. yes, I know that a leaning pole can look vertical if viewed from the right direction.

I think we should call in Vira from the UK and Columbo from the USA out of retirement to take on the case of why is it 3 images and not the fourth that show the superposed pole, is it physically there all the time or is it stuck pixels or all conjecture until some one puts on their rubber boots and walks out there and touches it.

The fact a red line in an image from a sensor can mimic such a pole is plausible until proven otherwise.

Mean while i ask the jury to do the right thing and keep an open mind as to proving the accused Z8 is innocent or guilty.

Mean while i am as said preparing my self possibly for an infestation of flees..............

Only an opinion
🤣

Unless the sensor artifacts hide behind grass, like the helicopter in Hot Shots 2 flies not into but behind the sun, it is a pole...

Critical thinking and an open mind are good things, taken to the extreme they become rediciculous. But hey, ehy not have Nikon test the camera. I would even be ready to swap it for my Z6 that, so far, didn't create poles out of thin air. Except one time, this black line in front of the moon, still not a pole so! I'd even pay for postage to and from the US!

Very plausible, the appearance in 3 images and not the fourth is still a mystery, there is a very nervous Z8 here at risk of going to Nikon if found guilty LOL.
Did the OP say that? I don't see him saying anything about it only appearing in 3 of 4 images.

It is obviously a pole. Can't believe we are 3 pages into this already.

Did the OP say that? I don't see him saying anything about it only appearing in 3 of 4 images.

The op might be long gone. I think he said it wasn't in the wife's cell phone shot.

Your right about 3 pages, but gee being 3 pages also shows the engagement level, humor and cracks coming from some people is a bit of light fun, it’s a welcome distraction given the constant bad news we are subjected to in everyday life.

I might be infested with the flees of a thousand camels for being wrong about the red line and it possibly being a pole after all,

It may also have someone stand next to the pole saying hey they found it LOL

But yes it looks like it has gone about as far as it can go............

Wouldn't it be a shock if the red line appears again on another shoot..................what then, time will tell i hope it doesn't happen.

As hef says it still may not be a bad idea to get Nikon to do a once over..............

Only an opinion

Unless the sensor artifacts hide behind grass, like the helicopter in Hot Shots 2 flies not into but behind the sun, it is a pole...

Critical thinking and an open mind are good things, taken to the extreme they become rediciculous. But hey, ehy not have Nikon test the camera. I would even be ready to swap it for my Z6 that, so far, didn't create poles out of thin air. Except one time, this black line in front of the moon, still not a pole so! I'd even pay for postage to and from the US!
Good points.

Back