What warblers have you seen this year?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

It is migrating season again. What warblers have you seen this year? It's been raining most of the days for the past last week and I haven't seen many. This weekend suppose to be good. I plan to go out and check out.

Palm, hooded, prothonotary, yellow, red start, parula, Louisiana waterthrush, Nashville, magnolia
version=1&uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000004153&mode=compatible&noloc=1.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I'm on the road from California to Ontario. I've seen Palm, Wilson's, Nashville, Yellow-rumped, Louisiana Waterthrush, Hooded, Grace's, Painted Redstart, Lucy's. The show here at Point Pelee should start any day now.

Last edited:
That's a long trip, and you have chances to see all different birds in different areas. Point Pelee is probably the best place in Ontario for see the bird migration.
I'm on the road from California to Ontario. I've seen Palm, Wilson's, Nashville, Yellow-rumped, Louisiana Waterthrush, Hooded, Grace's, Painted Redstart, Lucy's. The show here at Point Pelee should start any day now.

Just got back from southern Ohio, "warbler photo adventure." Got a bunch: Cerulean, Hooded, Yellow, Worm-eating, Louisiana Waterthrush, Prairie, Redstart, Pine, Blue-winged, Myrtle, Ovenbird, Black and white, Black-throated green, Kentucky, Palm, Prothonotary, Yellowthroat. In California I have gotten Wilson's, Audubon's, Orange-crowned, Townsend's. Too bad I am not going to Magee or other northerly migrant spots this year :-(.
Kentuckywarblera.jpg

Wow, that's a lot.
Just got back from southern Ohio, "warbler photo adventure." Got a bunch: Cerulean, Hooded, Yellow, Worm-eating, Louisiana Waterthrush, Prairie, Redstart, Pine, Blue-winged, Myrtle, Ovenbird, Black and white, Black-throated green, Kentucky, Palm, Prothonotary, Yellowthroat. In California I have gotten Wilson's, Audubon's, Orange-crowned, Townsend's. Too bad I am not going to Magee or other northerly migrant spots this year :-(.View attachment 60410

Just got back from southern Ohio, "warbler photo adventure." Got a bunch: Cerulean, Hooded, Yellow, Worm-eating, Louisiana Waterthrush, Prairie, Redstart, Pine, Blue-winged, Myrtle, Ovenbird, Black and white, Black-throated green, Kentucky, Palm, Prothonotary, Yellowthroat. In California I have gotten Wilson's, Audubon's, Orange-crowned, Townsend's. Too bad I am not going to Magee or other northerly migrant spots this year :-(.View attachment 60410
Sensational Kentucky shot! That's a good number of Warblers you saw, dang! Looking forward to some more of your shots!

Last edited:
Not many species because I haven't gotten out much, but TONS of photos of Yellow-throated Warblers because they're quite numerous and easy to find here (over 300 photos), Northern Parula, and Yellow Warblers. Hoping to get some more local breeding species over the next month or two. Louisiana Waterthrush, Redstart, Swainson's, Hooded, Common Yellowthroat, Cerulean, Kentucky, Blue-winged...

I'm in Kentucky, USA and it's been an extremely late migration. I think the cool weather has kept the migrants to the south. I think that's about to change immediately, I hope so. I have however seen Palm, Yellow-rumped, Yellow, Hooded, Nashville, Prairie, Prothonotary, Common Yellowthroat, N. Parula, Pine, Yellow-throated and both waterthrushes. All these in very low numbers. My best warbler photo of the spring so far is of a Prairie.
DSC_8747.jpg

Yes, we have a cold Spring this year. Hopefully the temperature will pick up in the next 2 weeks and we will see more. That is a very prod pose!
I'm in Kentucky, USA and it's been an extremely late migration. I think the cool weather has kept the migrants to the south. I think that's about to change immediately, I hope so. I have however seen Palm, Yellow-rumped, Yellow, Hooded, Nashville, Prairie, Prothonotary, Common Yellowthroat, N. Parula, Pine, Yellow-throated and both waterthrushes. All these in very low numbers. My best warbler photo of the spring so far is of a Prairie.
View attachment 60433

Cold weather and late migration is PERFECT for me, as I have a solo birding trip coming up here in 2 weeks, so thought I would be missing migration that late in May.

Reading eBird reports for my area, there's been a Blackburnian spotted not too far from me.. that's my #1 goal Warbler this year, hope I get the chance to see one! There's currently a Northern Waterthrush at my spot, but that guy is insanely skittish and I can't get anywhere close to him.

Another southern Ohio shot from my just-completed trip. I reluctantly decided to leave the flower in front of the Ovenbird's wing as is. It's an imperfect shot, but I really like the attitude this guy showed. My son saw it said it reminded him of Marilyn Monroe :cool:
Ovenbirddisplay.jpg

Back