Whats in your garden

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Winston Churchill (Sir)

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Please share yours if you like

Sometimes we think we HAVE to go out to get photos but sometimes they are right in our own gardens

I have photographed 62 species in my garden already. And no I don't have a big garden
From doves and sparrows to birds of prey - but I wont bore you with the whole lot

190221 Gardenbirds 007.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
200512 Gardenbirds 013.jpg
200517 Gardenbirds 007.jpg
221015 Gardenbirds 007.jpg

I have photographed 62 species in my garden… but I won't bore you with the whole lot.
Winston, please do 'bore' us! This is a wonderful idea.

I am a slow learner: almost every morning I walk straight into a spider's web. Ours is a large garden and there are new webs aplenty every day. Pity is that I cannot identify spiders. Birds—even those in your backyard (Jen and I lived in Africa a long time ago)—are easy*. Maybe, someone else can help with this spider whose web did not get tangled up in my face!

…David

* Malachite Sunbird; Fiscal Flycatcher; Southern Double-collared Sunbird; Pin-tailed Whydah?

Visitor to Jen's Garden #1 : Unidentified Spider

Spider in Jen's Garden

Winston, please do 'bore' us! This is a wonderful idea.

I am a slow learner: almost every morning I walk straight into a spider's web. Ours is a large garden and there are new webs aplenty every day. Pity is that I cannot identify spiders. Birds—even those in your backyard (Jen and I lived in Africa a long time ago)—are easy*. Maybe, someone else can help with this spider whose web did not get tangled up in my face!

…David

* Malachite Sunbird; Fiscal Flycatcher; Southern Double-collared Sunbird; Pin-tailed Whydah?

Visitor to Jen's Garden #1 : Unidentified Spider
David - Sadly I am very bad at identifying anything at the best of times. I like your spider - and more than often wish I had more insects and thingies in my garden. I have plenty geckos - my Canadian teenage nieces calls them Iguanas :ROFLMAO: I believe you identified the birds correctly.

Rookie Roy - thank you kindly - Waiting for yours !

Ok Winston (is it really Winston?) Here are a few from my back yard.

E256D7DF-9D35-451D-8E63-7CD16EC6B58B.jpeg

48552646-E027-46F7-A984-E64E981A4778.jpeg

8F5C0D59-2D57-4673-9E54-8CBEA345FA22.jpeg

6F654E60-30B7-4FDF-ACED-3B3D7D4E8644.jpeg

Back