Where to print a book

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have used Snapfish here in Australia to print a 100 page Australian Bird book and it came out superb, the quality is excellent. However, I do not know what the quality is like in your country. Many friends and family love the book, but I only buy reprints when they do a deal which is usually 50% off, otherwise it is very expensive, about over AU$300 per book but with discount it is "only" around the AU$150 mark.
The photos I used in the book are here:

I have used Snapfish here in Australia to print a 100 page Australian Bird book and it came out superb, the quality is excellent. However, I do not know what the quality is like in your country. Many friends and family love the book, but I only buy reprints when they do a deal which is usually 50% off, otherwise it is very expensive, about over AU$300 per book but with discount it is "only" around the AU$150 mark.
Great photos but no names :) Still insanely jealous of your birds down under.

Goodness, what a beautiful book of photos, Lance. I don't know why we are not all moving to your neighborhood - my part of the USA (frozen Wisconsin) doesn't come close on our best days of having the colors, variety and vibrance of the bird photography opportunities you seem to have access to.

I'm aware that your skill and experience make it look easy, but still - I could do my thing here for 200 years and not have a fraction of the images you have created. :)

Well done, and thank you for sharing! (y)

... my part of the USA (frozen Wisconsin) doesn't come close on our best days of having the colors, variety and vibrance of the bird photography opportunities you seem to have access to.

Many of us are envious of the midwest's spring warbler migration. We would all do well to check the color of the grass on our own side of the fence.

Last edited:
Many of us are envious of the midwest's spring warbler migration. We would all do well to check the color of the grass on our own side of the fence.
Currently, my grass is buried under 18 inches of snow, but I'll surely check out the color sometime when the snow melts and I can discern the shade of muck that emerges. :)

I had not heard of the warbler migration, and will dig into it - we are likely on the general path they take. Thanks for the tip!

Goodness, what a beautiful book of photos, Lance. I don't know why we are not all moving to your neighborhood - my part of the USA (frozen Wisconsin) doesn't come close on our best days of having the colors, variety and vibrance of the bird photography opportunities you seem to have access to.

I'm aware that your skill and experience make it look easy, but still - I could do my thing here for 200 years and not have a fraction of the images you have created. :)

Well done, and thank you for sharing! (y)
Thank you very much for your very kind and generous comments, Carmel. Much appreciated! :)

As I stated in post #8, I used Picaboo for my trip books from Europe. I recently returned from Spain and laid out my book in Photoshop Elements as usual and loaded it into their program. However for this entire week there is a banner at the top of their website saying ordering is temporarily unavailable. I used the customer service email form two days ago but got no reply other than the auto response that they got it. I looked just now at their Facebook page and someone else posted they were bought out and since then are not taking orders.

Looks like I will have to find a new supplier which is annoying. Hopefully I can find someone who does 8x8 inch pages since I already have them laid out that way. Thankfully I did my own layouts in Photoshop Elements instead of using the Picaboo templates or I would have to start from scratch. When I find a new place and get the book in my hands I will post a followup.

A truly wonderful collection of bird photos that you should be proud of .

I have created over 20 coffee-table size books using LrC and Blurb. The books are beautiful, print quality is wonderful. They can be expensive if you put in a lot of pages but, as someone else noted in a prior message, creating the book and waiting for one of the many Blurb sale dates is the way to go. The customer service is great. I've had two issues over the years, one recently, and both times they made it right without question. The books can also be sold on the Blurb website and mine are listed there but too costly for one book as I make them for my memories and don't mind paying the cost. Here is the link to my Blurb dashboard: https://www.blurb.com/my/dashboard. The LrC software, the Book Module, allows for creating just about any layout you want once you get the hang of the module, it is not intuitive so reading up on it a bit can help with the layout.

Back