Which Crane in Flight

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Woodyg3

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I'm always interested in which in a series of pictures I like is the favorite of others. Photographers often have different opinions than the "general public" which is always interesting. Anyway, here are a few for your consideration. Thanks in advance.

WhichOne-526.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

WhichOne-527.jpg

WhichOne-528.jpg

WhichOne-529.jpg

For me it’s #1 … I found the sky distracting in 2 & 3

Def #1...color, shape, light, behavior...❤️

They all work for me however, open beaks are always great.

No. 1 for the reasons noted by others. The split background with blue is a bit distracting.

#1 all the way…2&3 have distracting sky backgrounds and the pose in 4 isn’t as good as it is in 1.

I'm with #2. Love how the lines/curves of the hills mirror the lines of the wings. Love the open beak in #1 tho. Nice shots!

Thanks, everyone.

I like #1, overall more monotone color, wing position and the composition - wings diagonal to the connors of the frame.

Last edited:
IMO no 1 is the best of the lot for angle, wing position, and BG. No 2 would be a cull for me due to the wing position compounded by lots of blue sky. I prefer the wing position in no 3 vs 4 but no 4 has less blue sky so those two are much of a muchness.

I like #1, overall more monotone color, wing position and the composition - wings diagonal to the connors of the frame.

For me #1 and #2. On #2 I love that sky, it's not a distraction for me, agree with @ssheipel 🥂

Great series! All great and my favorite is 3.

IMO no 1 is the best of the lot for angle, wing position, and BG. No 2 would be a cull for me due to the wing position compounded by lots of blue sky. I prefer the wing position in no 3 vs 4 but no 4 has less blue sky so those two are much of a muchness.

Thanks for the opinions and comments!

As they are now, I like 1, then, 4, then 3. But I wonder if you could process the background on 3, darkening the sky and upper hill in a linear gradient mask to artistically reflect or subtly reference in the three part background the three parts, upper wing/body/lower wing, of the crane in flight.

Back