Whip-poor-will

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Irap

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This was a shot I took with a D850 and a Tamron 150-600 g2 Nov. 2019. Someone told me that they thought this was a Whip-poor-will. These birds look very similar, but they do have their own distinctive calls.
Eastern Whip-poor-will.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
This was a shot I took with a D850 and a Tamron 150-600 g2 Nov. 2019. Someone told me that they thought this was a Whip-poor-will. These birds look very similar, but they do have their own distinctive calls.
View attachment 35642
Beautiful. As a kid would hear their call all night long, no A/C and windows open. Sorry to say, overdevelopment had displaced the Whip-poor-will and have no heard one in 40 years. :cry: Amazing shot, it blends in so well and being nocturnal, that is a rare capture. Thanks for sharing, brings back good memories.

Thanks Alan, They are around South Florida, but they are not commonly seen, the are very well camouflaged.

Beautiful. As a kid would hear their call all night long, no A/C and windows open. Sorry to say, overdevelopment had displaced the Whip-poor-will and have no heard one in 40 years. :cry: Amazing shot, it blends in so well and being nocturnal, that is a rare capture. Thanks for sharing, brings back good memories.
Thanks Cas

Back