who buys you (christmas/birthday) presents?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was just wondering if how many people buy themselves their own presents? After all, camera gear (and associated computer gear) is expensive and often we want a specific model of (lens, flash, body, disk drive, ...). At times my wife asked me what I wanted and I pointed her to a page on B&H at which point she told me I might as well buy it myself. She felt it took the fun out of gift giving since she was not shopping for me. For the most part I just buy what I want (and can afford) when I need it or it is available.

Others - how does it work in your household.

Like you, I buy what I need, when I need it, and as my budget allows. Photography, for the better part, is a passion that unfortunately is too pricey for what we consider the "gift cost" range, at least for the better part...and if I were to ask, say, for a ProGrade Cobalt CFexpress Type B card from my wife she would look at me as if I were speaking in tongues, lol.

We quit buying gifts for each other years ago. We discuss major purchases, but we are both retired professionals so money is not generally an issue.

Let's just say that after returning from Africa, there were a lot of leopard themed gifts including espresso cups, tree ornaments and others. No camera/technology gear was involved in these escapades but I do have her support for my passions, especially coffee since nothing happens in our household (much to the cats chagrin) before coffee. If I want camera gear I can get it.

1672170369767.png

Like you, I buy what I need, when I need it, and as my budget allows. Photography, for the better part, is a passion that unfortunately is too pricey for what we consider the "gift cost" range, at least for the better part...and if I were to ask, say, for a ProGrade Cobalt CFexpress Type B card from my wife she would look at me as if I were speaking in tongues, lol.
Tell Jane what I want does not work, sending her a link to a website does, then she tells me to buy it myself

My wife and I exchange Xmas cards but not gifts. We buy what we want during the year and can shop for good prices and no worries about when something will arrive. Her big gift this year was a new Rav4 Prime plug-in hybrid and my big gift was a new F-150 pickup.

My wife and I exchange Xmas cards but not gifts. We buy what we want during the year and can shop for good prices and no worries about when something will arrive. Her big gift this year was a new Rav4 Prime plug-in hybrid and my big gift was a new F-150 pickup.
I'd say you got the BIGGER gift :LOL:

Back