Why my photos aren't sharp Canon 600D + Tamron 150-600 G2

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

@jsegra - sounds like progress.

You say "it is impossible to get sharp details with a kitlens" and I have to say yes and no. If the lens delivers the performance that it was designed to give, then it is OK, isn't it? And if you pixel peep, all photos will look blurry.

Ken Rockwell, bad boy of photo review sites, says sharpness isn't due to the lens but due to technique. As usual, Ken brashly says things that are right and also things that might be a bit sketchy. Have a read and let us know what you think.

Keep shooting. With your attention on technique, your photos can't help but get better.

I guess I don't have much more to add. If you want to keep your same gear but improve then all you can change is technique or post processing. Seems like you are choosing reasonable shutter speeds for the subject, maybe make sure at the long focal lengths to watch for camera shake. Make sure you hold the camera right and queeze the shutter and maybe use a faster shutter speed faster than the usual 1/focal length. The aperture seems fine, just be wary of going narrower than f8 or f11 as diffraction can eat some sharpness. You could try some software, I don't know what you use now. DXO photolab or pureraw is good if it has a module for your camera. Topaz photo ai also good.

Other than that it might be time to consider a gear upgrade.

Back