Willets ...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Willets-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Willets-2.jpg

Willets-3.jpg

Because, if you go to the beach, surely you can take some pictures of the everpresent Willets! The second one is probably the most interesting; one morning I had very interesting light for about 15 minutes, resulting in the colors you see there. I didn't get any pictures I truly loved, but they were colorful. The third picture was taken on an overcast day and the light wasn't awesome, but I just liked the composition.

Yes the second one is nice. Love the colors in the first one but not crazy about the POV on the bird. An under appreciated bird. They're quite pretty when viewed in detail.

Yes the second one is nice. Love the colors in the first one but not crazy about the POV on the bird. An under appreciated bird. They're quite pretty when viewed in detail.
Not quite low enough on first one? I'd probably agree, on that type of shot you want to see the eye better. But I liked the little foam patches around its feet and yes the morning sun colors were pretty nice. I'll go back and look at that sequence again.

Not quite low enough on first one? I'd probably agree, on that type of shot you want to see the eye better. But I liked the little foam patches around its feet and yes the morning sun colors were pretty nice. I'll go back and look at that sequence again.
Mostly the position of the bird. Straight on isn't their best look IMO. But I'm with you on the bubbles. Love that.

Making me anxious to head south. But alas, no willets for me until January :(

Mostly the position of the bird. Straight on isn't their best look IMO. But I'm with you on the bubbles. Love that.

Making me anxious to head south. But alas, no willets for me until January :(
Okay, I got it. Yes, it's a graceful bird but the head on does make it look a bit like it needs to lose weight. On the other hand, I was going for the "walking towards me" thing, so there is that.

Okay, I got it. Yes, it's a graceful bird but the head on does make it look a bit like it needs to lose weight. On the other hand, I was going for the "walking towards me" thing, so there is that.
That position with just a slight twist of the head works well. But IMO w/out a visible eye there's no connection there. With an eye visible "walking toward me" becomes "I see you and here I come!" :)

The rascals move so much and are so twitchy. Can't they see the camera? Be still already!

That position with just a slight twist of the head works well. But IMO w/out a visible eye there's no connection there. With an eye visible "walking toward me" becomes "I see you and here I come!" :)

The rascals move so much and are so twitchy. Can't they see the camera? Be still already!
Okay, I try to please :) . How about this one:

WilletLookingAtYou-1.jpg

WilletWading-1.jpg

And here is the side view, again with the nice morning light. One slight flaw in this shot, the shutter speed was only 500 and you can see movement in the right leg.

Back