Winter sunset with a macro lens

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Kjellis

Sunset seen from our house today.

Panorama made from 5 images and stitched together and edited in Lightroom CC.
Taken hand held with Nikon Z6ii and Z 105/2.8 S, f/7.1, 1/80s and 125 ISO.

B77119F1-BDE3-4BA6-A841-9816F45476B5.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Nice image...love the sky.

good to know I also have a landscape lens with the 105! I have been using it to take pictures of the Grandkids and it has done an outstanding job. A much more versatile lens than I first realized.

Nice image...love the sky.

good to know I also have a landscape lens with the 105! I have been using it to take pictures of the Grandkids and it has done an outstanding job. A much more versatile lens than I first realized.
Thanks.

Yeah, the 105 turns out to be a real gem. I too have used it for shooting portraits of my daughter and now some landscaps, but I haven’t used it for macro yet. Lol. I had to wait a couple of months for it to be delivered and I haven’t had inspiration to do macro in winter conditions, but I reckon that will change come springtime.

Nice picture and excellent stitching! It is not easy to stitch a panorama IMO!
Thank you, Elena! I agree, I find stitching especially hard if they are shot handheld… As a wildlife photographer I find it hard to find inspiration to shoot landscapes, but I really like shooting panoramas for some reason…

Back