Wonderful weaver birds

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

20201118-DSC_4124-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
20201118-DSC_4205-Edit.jpg
20201118-DSC_4057.jpg
20201118-DSC_4183.jpg

Whilst there are many interesting discussions about camera bodies, frame speeds, AF etc and yes, I have progressed to the Z9, these were taken on D500 with the 200-500, not the fastest lens but certainly was seemed to be up to the mark for these fast little critters. Focal distance was between 240-250mm and these aren't cropped. Speeds were between 1/650 - 1/2000. All at f5.6 with ISO varying between 125 - 2500. Great to practice as the do make predictable flight paths , just speedy little blighters that do love darting amongst the reeds and bushes just to make things a little more challenging.

Terrific! I LOVE weaver birds, but only see them in Africa. And there, the guides will not stop so I can photograph them! Grrrrr! LOL!

That first shot is stunning! Very, very well done!

Terrific! I LOVE weaver birds, but only see them in Africa. And there, the guides will not stop so I can photograph them! Grrrrr! LOL!

That first shot is stunning! Very, very well done!
Appreciate your comments. Yup guides here are usually cat focused (unless it's Amboseli where the elephants rule) and are surprised when you want to look a wider variety of wildlife. These were all from the north coast of Kenya where many hotels have them nesting in their grounds which allows time watch and practice tracking.

Appreciate your comments. Yup guides here are usually cat focused (unless it's Amboseli where the elephants rule) and are surprised when you want to look a wider variety of wildlife. These were all from the north coast of Kenya where many hotels have them nesting in their grounds which allows time watch and practice tracking.
That first image is stunning and the others are good also. On my first trip to Africa, the tour stayed at a nice little hotel about an hour from Johannesburg Airport. They had a small garden area and that is where I saw my first weaver bird! We only stayed the one night, but I still tried to get some photos. THIS was my best effort. And my only other photo op was inland in Tanzania.....

G
That first image is stunning and the others are good also. On my first trip to Africa, the tour stayed at a nice little hotel about an hour from Johannesburg Airport. They had a small garden area and that is where I saw my first weaver bird! We only stayed the one night, but I still tried to get some photos. THIS was my best effort. And my only other photo op was inland in Tanzania.....
Great backlight on the first and second is super sharp, V. nice Karen

Back