Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers Migrating!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Garfield

Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers generally don't nest this far south (south-west Ontario) so we try our best to capture them when migrating. Since bugs are few and far between in early Spring, they mainly rely on sap until they get to nesting grounds when they switch to bugs to raise the youngsters. Unfortunately windy conditions prevented me from getting any decent audio. ☹️

Captured with the Nikon Z8 & 600pf handheld - non-oversampled 4k because somehow the high-res setting was switched off. :rolleyes:

Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers generally don't nest this far south (south-west Ontario) so we try our best to capture them when migrating. Since bugs are few and far between in early Spring, they mainly rely on sap until they get to nesting grounds when they switch to bugs to raise the youngsters. Unfortunately windy conditions prevented me from getting any decent audio. ☹️

Captured with the Nikon Z8 & 600pf handheld - non-oversampled 4k because somehow the high-res setting was switched off. :rolleyes:
Looks great Garfield!

Nice job Gary, interesting behaviour, excellent evacuation footage, LOL o_O ! Snappy music track which moves things along nicely. Thanks for posting.
Cheers,
Rudy

Nice job Gary, interesting behaviour, excellent evacuation footage, LOL o_O ! Snappy music track which moves things along nicely. Thanks for posting.
Cheers,
Rudy
Thanks Rudy! Just trying to make the best of a pleasant encounter -- just like you did with the Grebes! (well done too!)

Back