Yellowstone NP Fall 2024 Meetup

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Abinoone

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Greetings,
A few months ago I proposed a fall 2024 BCG meetup in Yellowstone NP (https://bcgforums.com/threads/yellowstone-np-meetup-proposal.32480/#post-366828). Now that it's just around the corner, I thought that I'd remind folks of my plans to be there September 22 - October 4, where I'll be based in Silver Gate, WY, just outside of the NE gate to the park. If you plan to be in the same area yourself during this period, I'm happy to meet kindred spirits for a morning/afternoon shoot, or for an evening get together to swap stories and information. Since there's virtually no cell service in much of the park, it'd be important to make arrangements well in advance for a place and time to meet.

I'll be there right after the meetup ends, October 5-14.... you'll have to let me know if anything cool is going on!

Also - you mention that there's virtually no cell service in much of the park, but I don't think I've ever been in an area where I didn't have service with Verizon.

And if you happen to have Starlink, not only will you get service everywhere, it's actually fast enough service to stream movies and play video games and stuff. Quite a few friends and family members have done RV camping in Yellowstone with it.

As a long time lurker, this post has drawn me out. I have reservations to camp at Madison Campground September 23-28. Then September 28-October 8 at Gros Ventre in GTNP. I’d enjoy the opportunity to meet any of you while I’m there.

I spent 2 weeks in Grand Teton this past spring as well as spring 2023 but only ventured into Yellowstone on day trips from GTNP.

John

Back