Yellowstone NP - First Ever Grizzly Shot

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Viathelens

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Steve posted something on Yellowstone and as I'm heading there next week, arriving on June 1 for seven days, I thought I'd post some shots from there. This is my very first shot of a grizzly bear. I know people often say the camera does not lie, but this cub was actually standing between a cement bathroom and a trashcan! At the time I was pretty excited about getting this shot.

CCassinettoGrizzlyCub-12.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
CCassinettoGrizzlyCub-13.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Steve posted something on Yellowstone and as I'm heading there next week, arriving on June 1 for seven days, I thought I'd post some shots from there. This is my very first shot of a grizzly bear. I know people often say the camera does not lie, but this cub was actually standing between a cement bathroom and a trashcan! At the time I was pretty excited about getting this shot.

View attachment 89642View attachment 89643
Excellent!👍👍👍

I hope you carry pepper spray. Where there is a young cub there is likely to be a very protective sow as well. There are Youtube videos demonstrating the proper technique to use with pepper spray.

I hope you carry pepper spray. Where there is a young cub there is likely to be a very protective sow as well. There are Youtube videos demonstrating the proper technique to use with pepper spray.
I carry bear spray. In this case one of the people in our group had bear spray.

Back