YES you can record voice memos with the Z 8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
At first I did not think this was possible, and even seen a few pros post in their pros and cons it was not possbile.

But it is possible.

When reviewing an image, hit the "i" button and then select record voice memo. that simply.

I forget the details, but there is a way to make a Lightroom smart collection set to automatically collect all files with the suffix of the audio file. And also the order of the displayed metadata can be changed so the audio file field is at or near the top of the metadata list displayed, so you don't have to scroll to find it.

I forget the details, but there is a way to make a Lightroom smart collection set to automatically collect all files with the suffix of the audio file. And also the order of the displayed metadata can be changed so the audio file field is at or near the top of the metadata list displayed, so you don't have to scroll to find it.
I would be VERY interested in learning how to do that. I often tag an image w/ a voice memo to ID the species (esp birds). Not necessary the sharpest or best image, just one for reference. I would like to save them before I start culling image so I don't accidentally delete the voice memo

I just do a text search in LR for “.wav” and it gives all the photos with an attached voice memo. You can then select all and form a Smart Collection.

I just do a text search in LR for “.wav” and it gives all the photos with an attached voice memo. You can then select all and form a Smart Collection.
thanks. I got a search to work. Very simple solution - I used any searchable field. FIeld name didn ot work.

Back