If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Steve

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
This was from earlier in the season. In previous years, screech owls had taken up residence in this little hole, so we decided to check it out and see if they took up residence again this year. No such luck - however - we did discover a family of raccoons now occupying the old nest. This little guy was the bold, curious one of the litter and decided to see what that my wife and I were doing with our tripods in his backyard :)

raccoon-peeking-from-tree.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I love the contrast of the racoon's smooth fur and symmetrical coloring against the roughness and irregularity of the tree. Very powerful image in it's simplicity. Would be proud to produce an image of a fraction of this quality.

I love the contrast of the racoon's smooth fur and symmetrical coloring against the roughness and irregularity of the tree. Very powerful image in it's simplicity. Would be proud to produce an image of a fraction of this quality.
Thanks so much! We deliberately went towards sunset for that reason. I'm just glad he peeked out when he did, as there were times the position of the sun would add light and other times it was blocked by other trees.

Reactions: eft
Congrats on a great shot Steve! This shot would no doubt be near the top of anyone’s favorite captures! Also congrats on a great website that we can share information and enjoy images! 👍🏻

This was from earlier in the season. In previous years, screech owls had taken up residence in this little hole, so we decided to check it out and see if they took up residence again this year. No such luck - however - we did discover a family of raccoons now occupying the old nest. This little guy was the bold, curious one of the litter and decided to see what that my wife and I were doing with our tripods in his backyard :)

View attachment 67599
Great shot Steve, ‘you’re getting pretty good at this photography lark‘!!!… 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣