If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ken Miracle

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Some of my first images with the Z180-600. Great Blue Heron at distance sitting in a shaft of sunlight and deliberately dropped EV to darken background and highlight the heron, the the same bird in flight and in a tree.

House Finch and Lesser Goldfinches taken at closer range zooming in through trees and bushes. Focus with background and foreground stuff worked great with animal detection on. Modes used included custom wide area 5x3 and 1x1 and 3D.

Z91_0476.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Z91_0544.jpg
Z91_0555.jpg
Z91_1169.jpg
Z91_1189.jpg
Z91_1194.jpg

Nice selection. Note they’re all at 600mm. I read one reviewer who said the sweet spot was 400mm … do you find the 600mm as sharp as the 500pf with a 1.4x ?

Nice selection. Note they’re all at 600mm. I read one reviewer who said the sweet spot was 400mm … do you find the 600mm as sharp as the 500pf with a 1.4x ?
@Steve 's tests showed the best at 500 to 600 and 400 not as good :) In the field practical shots I can not tell the difference. I went out with it today and used more focal lengths. But after using the Z800 so much I forget I have a variable focal length in my hands ... it got better as the morning went on. I also set up lens fn1 to toggle dx off and on while I was out there and had already changed the control ring from manual focus to EV.

I have not had time to look at the images yet. Got home and jumped in the shower we are meeting Karen Pleasant for dinner in a few minutes.