Z7ii-Face/eye detection on/off menu setting?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Everything I can find about turning on the Face and Eye detection for the Z7ii says go to Menu | Custom Settings | Autofocus | A4 to turn this function on or off. I must really be missing something since I see NO option like this anywhere in the menu.. A4 on my Menu is "Focus points used".

I know it's working since I occasionally see the little box around eyes but I'd just like to know if that can be turned on and off. Not that I want to switch it off. Just tenacious.

Thanks!

Everything I can find about turning on the Face and Eye detection for the Z7ii says go to Menu | Custom Settings | Autofocus | A4 to turn this function on or off. I must really be missing something since I see NO option like this anywhere in the menu.. A4 on my Menu is "Focus points used".

I know it's working since I occasionally see the little box around eyes but I'd just like to know if that can be turned on and off. Not that I want to switch it off. Just tenacious.

Thanks!
Switching face detect via the a4 menu setting is for the Z6 and Z7 but not the Z6 II or Z7 II.

Here's instructions for both the older and newer Z cameras: https://camerajabber.com/how-to-use-nikon-eye-detection-af-on-the-nikon-z7-z6/

Back