Z7II Price

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DougC

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Nikon has taken a whopping $700.00 off the Z7II. Could this mean there is a replacement body coming out soon or just a holiday sale? Or has the Z8 knocked the Z7II off? What does everyone think?

I hope that the Zf demonstrates how they will integrate "Z9 features" and more (like 8 stop IBIS and sensor shift) into the mid-tier line-up without stacked sensors. I'm also hoping that the Zf and Z5 cover 24 mpx and the Z6iii will get a bump to the 30's. And finally, I hope that $700 discount means it will all happen soon.

People are probably buying Z8 or Zf over this, so they need to discount it steeply in order to continue selling it. Just a guess.
Not sure what they could put in a Z7iii and still make it one step below the Z8.

Nikon has taken a whopping $700.00 off the Z7II. Could this mean there is a replacement body coming out soon or just a holiday sale? Or has the Z8 knocked the Z7II off? What does everyone think?
Dumping inventory is on the agenda, usually digital products have a fast obsolescence rate.

The ZF back order into next year with no delivery date in sight here in OZ makes it appear to be a winner, its basically made any of the Z6 cameras obsolete, hence getting out the 45mp version ZF sooner than later is important.

The ZF has some new indicative tech features of whats to come.

Overall the camera industry is down, any change in growth negative or positive may be often masked by pipe lining or the holding of inventrory, negative growth usually is motaivetd by discounting.

Despite static to negatove growth, margins have risin dramaticly, thats all self explanitory, cost cutting, redesigne, outsourcing, raised prices.

The days of making inventory and holding or stocking it are over, now it seems more a fill the order book going forward then make to order.

The Z9 is now retail down up to 20% the Z8 10%, my gut feeling is the Z9 is due for a replacement sooner than later and will sport hardware changes and expeed 8, the Z8 is an interim model but still pumping along.

Prices are way to high and need to come down.

Only an opinion and they can may change.

Dumping inventory is on the agenda, usually digital products have a fast obsolescence rate.

The ZF back order into next year with no delivery date in sight here in OZ makes it appear to be a winner, its basically made any of the Z6 cameras obsolete, hence getting out the 45mp version ZF sooner than later is important.

The ZF has some new indicative tech features of whats to come.

Overall the camera industry is down, any change in growth negative or positive may be often masked by pipe lining or the holding of inventrory, negative growth usually is motaivetd by discounting.

Despite static to negatove growth, margins have risin dramaticly, thats all self explanitory, cost cutting, redesigne, outsourcing, raised prices.

The days of making inventory and holding or stocking it are over, now it seems more a fill the order book going forward then make to order.

The Z9 is now retail down up to 20% the Z8 10%, my gut feeling is the Z9 is due for a replacement sooner than later and will sport hardware changes and expeed 8, the Z8 is an interim model but still pumping along.

Prices are way to high and need to come down.

Only an opinion and they can may change.

That's not how retail works. Over 60% of revenue for all consumer goods incurs in the fourth quarter, driven by sales and promotions. Companies calculate maximum profits and plan shippments to retailers based on that knowledge. The "sale" price provides plenty of profit because of economies of scale associated with the high volumes. Nothing at all to do with "dumping."

Back