Z8 : FN1 and FN2 customization problem

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi everyone, I have an issue with my Z8 and I would be grateful if someone could help me. When I customize FN1 as "RFF-Hold - single point" and then customize FN2 as "RFF-Hold - auto area AF" (as an example), I have noticed that FN1 becomes "auto area AF". Basically every time, I try to customize FN2, the setting is also applied to FN1. And I have the same problem with L-FN which takes the same setting as FN1. Clearly I must be doing something wrong but I don't see it and I am going on a safari in 1 week so I am a little bit desperate ;-)
Thanks!

If by RFF, you mean Recall Shooting Function (Hold or not) - you can only have one RSF per bank. Instead, try AF-Mode or AF-mode + AF-On. Then you can have FN1 and FN2 selecting different AF modes.

As mentioned above, you only get one per Custom Setting bank. I've been begging Nikon to add additional RSF "slots" - or make an additional AF override that just allows a toggle (so you don't have to keep pushing the button, just tap and it changes to the override AF area, tap again to go back). They like to update firmware, so maybe in the future.

Back