Z8 no longer blackout free what did I change?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Then I'd not waste anymore time and just reset the camera back to default and make sure it's working properly. If you know your camera, it should only take 40 min to an hour to manually set it back up
I did the reset the night I post this and still nothing someone mentioned that its normal behavior for f8-9 and above because its the diaphragm of the blades not sure how true that is but they said their camera did the same thing. Do you have a Z8 or Z9 you can test on and see if when you go above F9 there is a slight blackout like in my vids I posted.

I did the reset the night I post this and still nothing someone mentioned that its normal behavior for f8-9 and above because its the diaphragm of the blades not sure how true that is but they said their camera did the same thing. Do you have a Z8 or Z9 you can test on and see if when you go above F9 there is a slight blackout like in my vids I posted.
Hmmm, i don't get blackout when shooting f8 or f9 with my Z9+Z800mm bit i also shot with the release timing indicator turned off

What about in single shot I only noticed it because I was doing some macro work.
I never shot in AF-S only in AF-C. Only time is every consider AF-S is on a tripod shooting products. People and the camera are always moving so i never shoot in AF-S.

Also as a wildlife photographer I'm almost always at 20fps, never left then 10fps ava that's rare

I never shot in AF-S only in AF-C. Only time is every consider AF-S is on a tripod shooting products. People and the camera are always moving so i never shoot in AF-S.

Also as a wildlife photographer I'm almost always at 20fps, never left then 10fps ava that's rare
Sorry I meant single shot in af-c I normally shot fast as well which is why I just now noticed it when I stopped to slow down.

Sorry I meant single shot in af-c I normally shot fast as well which is why I just now noticed it when I stopped to slow down.
I'll try it when i get home in about 30 min. I generally have no need to shoot in single shot. Even at 20fps I'm far enough to only shoot 2 or 3 frame at a time. Even when i used to shoot macro, i still never shot single frame personally

My z8 randomly is showing blackout when I go above a certain aperture around f8 f9. I noticed today shooting macro did I break my camera or is this normal?
Turn off Photo flicker reduction

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.7 KB · Views: 21
Back