Z8 - setup to use a button as a toggle without holding it

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Viathelens

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I think, at least I think I did this on the Z9, I can set a button to toggle between functions where I can hit the button and it moves to the new setting until I hit it again. This is instead of the toggle where I have to hold the button down. Any insights on this would be appreciated. I keep looking in the manual and online and just can't get it figured out and I need to get it done today. Too many options...

I think this is one of the easier ones to understand, it's named really well for what the intended use is. Some of it is more difficult than it needs to be though.

If it's the same camera body, just copy the settings over?

I think this is one of the easier ones to understand, it's named really well for what the intended use is. Some of it is more difficult than it needs to be though.

If it's the same camera body, just copy the settings over?
When and If I get them right I can do that. I know this setting, but the way it works is you have to keep your finger on it to use it. I want to click it, shoot in that altered mode, then click it again to go back to the original setting.

Screenshot 2023-11-12 at 9.21.56 AM.png

Yes, because you're trying to use the hold version. Use the non hold version, and it should work that way.
That setting will not hold on my camera, it requires me to hold the button down while I shoot. Maybe it is not possible to do what I want, but I do seem to recall doing it with the Z9. I'll keep looking.

Not sure if I understand your question completely. But going to F6 and changing to ON is one of my favorite settings changes on the Z9/Z8.

This allows you to NOT have to hold a button while you roll a wheel to change a setting. F6 ON allows you to tap the button for the setting you want to change (such as ISO, focus modes, etc.) and roll the wheel without holding the button...then tap again to lock the changes setting.

Hope this helps and sorry if it is not what you are looking for.

Not sure if I understand your question completely. But going to F6 and changing to ON is one of my favorite settings changes on the Z9/Z8.

This allows you to NOT have to hold a button while you roll a wheel to change a setting. F6 ON allows you to tap the button for the setting you want to change (such as ISO, focus modes, etc.) and roll the wheel without holding the button...then tap again to lock the changes setting.

Hope this helps and sorry if it is not what you are looking for.
That might be useful, thanks. I think I have to use recall settings to get what I want. All tips are appreciated.

Back