Z8 shipping Thursday, maybe

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I too received an email from B&H that my Z8 will ship tomorrow. B&H’s warehouse in NJ is located close to a FedEx terminal and I have consistently received next day deliveries. I’ve been shopping at B&H since they were my local camera shop at their old W 17th street location.

i suspect a lot of places have their shipment already and are just on embargo till tomorrow. happened to me with the 85 1.2 - they had it but they couldn’t give it to me till the next day
Better to have it ready vs. waiting for it.
I got the same shipping email. The wording “Released” was interesting.
Either way, just a heads up, B&H is closing early on Thursday in observance of the Jewish holiday.

I rec'd notification from B&H that my Z8 will ship tomorrow. I placed the order 7 minutes after launch. Unfortunately, I did not select 1 day shipping so I doubt I will get it until Tuesday. Shipped to my husband's office which is closed for the long Memorial Day weekend. Regardless, I'm very excited as this will be my first mirrorless camera. I will need every minute of that long weekend to finish reading Steve's Z8/Z9 guide (or at least make substantial progress).

Reactions: PKW
🤟🤟🤟

My Z8 arrived at 14:30 and I completed setting up, backing it up, pairing it to my phone UltraSync Blue and have take some test shots to check all works and it does. Snapbridge delivers date/time and location data automatically without issue.

I followed my approach - start with Network, then Settings and then the other menu items. No surprises.

Some software does not yet support it AND that includes Reikan FoCal, DxO Photo Lab and Pure Raw 3. However Adobe and Capture One do.

I have contacted all that I use which do not currently offer support to ask them to get a move on.

I will work out if I need to utilize other capabilities FTP etc. overtime. Currently I am not planning to.

The 3-legged L-plate ok but not a great fit - but works for now and the Z8+lens fits well in my gimbal. I hope that SmallRig deliver the cage I ordered sometime soon.

Shooting Lossless Raw to only the CFE-B card (Sabrent Rocket CFX Pro) at 20fps -- just keeps going -- no buffer issues.

Now just running a few vid tests and I am good to go.

NPS UK 2023 Roadshow for the Z8 dates have just been sent out - 21 June in London.

Last edited:
Ordered from B&H and it will arrive at my house (in California) by mid-day tomorrow!

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 06.09.42.png

My Z8 will be here on Monday. Can't wait. Just downloaded Steve's Z8-Z9 guide. Setting up the Z8 today. Going through Steve's Z9,Z8 eBook and, as usual, learning new stuff.
Listened to Nikon's NPS video session and I was not impressed. Very poor presentation with too much rambling, no visual clarification content, and, for first-time Z8 users not much help. As an introduction by Nikon staff, it was a failure.
Steve's eBook is much better.

Last edited:
Got a call from my local Vistek store. My Z8 is there waiting for me to pick it up. Unfortunately I cant go because I have an eye appointment after which my vision will be blurry for hours. It would simply be to difficult to drive to.... Ah the the heck with it. Blurry vision and all, I am going. Anyone in the vicinity south of Ottawa I suggest you stay of the highways and street. Insane, blind man coming through.

Back