Z8 Trigger Remote Options

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have the Nikon 10 pin MC-30A trigger remote. It works fine on the Z8 except, I like to shoot vertical on a tripod and the angle of the 10 pin connector blocks mounting of the camera with the Kirk L bracket. The only way to get it to work is to offset the mount to the left about 50 percent. Connection to the ball head is still tight, but I was wondering if there is a better way? I wonder if my old Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote will work?

Last edited:
I have the leofoto L bracket and have no issue shooting vertical on a tripod with my cheap Vello trigger (The Leofoto and Smallrig L brackets are identical). The trigger is a bare bones basic trigger similar to the Nikon 30A, requires no batteries, it's only about $9 on B&H. Probably not the best quality product, I might buy a second one as a back up incase the other one breaks. It's a tight fit, but works fine.

20240424_132644_resized.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Back