Z9 at Best Buy

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Sold out already! Although, that's not the first time I've heard of someone getting one that way. If anyone is looking, it might be good to get on their notification list.

I already have, and ever site that would take me on their wait list without giving my credit card (I don't want want dozens of z9 heading my way once availability opens). Other than keep checking, any ideas.

I already have, and ever site that would take me on their wait list without giving my credit card (I don't want want dozens of z9 heading my way once availability opens). Other than keep checking, any ideas.
Keep checking :)

When the D800 (or maybe D810) came out, I was not NPS yet. I ended up getting one from Best Buy and another from Walmart.com! Oh, check Crutchfield.com and NewEgg.com too. While camera stores are the obvious places, sometimes "normal" retailers can come to the rescue. Nikon's own site is another potential place to watch.

Keep checking :)

When the D800 (or maybe D810) came out, I was not NPS yet. I ended up getting one from Best Buy and another from Walmart.com! Oh, check Crutchfield.com and NewEgg.com too. While camera stores are the obvious places, sometimes "normal" retailers can come to the rescue. Nikon's own site is another potential place to watch.
Thanks. I forgot about newegg and crutchfield

I was in Gainesville, Florida over the weekend and dropped into Best Buy to look for an Air Tag for my wife. While there, I decided to look to see if they had a Z9 in stock, per chance. They didn't, and they didn't have much of anything else either. The Nikon displays were mostly bare, as were the Canon displays: lenses and bodies. Sony had fewer empty product spaces, but doesn't have near the numbers of Nikon and Canon to begin with. I asked a store associate and they said that not much photo gear is coming into the store at all.

It's still a waiting game for most of us.

Ever since this thread started, I've occasionally checked my local BB. I'm not really in the market for a Z9 right now, as much as I'd love one. I'm hoping for the D500 successor, plus I just dropped almost as much on a 600mm F4G...

My local BB has always (at least when I've looked) had them as sold out, but they do have the FTZ II in stock.

Was able to order from Best Buy a little while ago for delivery by 4/6. I pre-ordered it late (like a week after the announcement) so I was probably pretty far down the list and had no idea when I was actually going to get it. I’m glad to finally have an actual date. Now the daunting task of configuring it and figuring out how to use it since I’ve never used a mirror less camera before (have only used DSLRs).

I have never bothered to become an NPS member until this Z9 dilemma came up. As soon as I did this my order with Nikon USA was fulfilled.

Z9's were available sporadically last night on Best Buy website; while I was able to get an order confirmed, it was a roller coaster! I had one *in my shopping cart* and was filling out the billing/shipping screens and a banner popped up saying it was no longer available. So disappointing to be so close while still waiting on an early November 2021 preorder at another online place. I decided to continue to fill in the billing and shipping info and saved it to my account. About 20 minutes later, I checked back on a whim, and there was another one listed as available. Into the cart it went (again), and this time the checkout went much more quickly. Have an order confirmation and shipping estimate of "by 12 April".

Thanks RoyC, I am a bit concerned about that. I cannot change the shipping instructions on the website yet (if I ever can), and I am headed out on travel for a bit, so the signature required part is a potential needle to be threaded. Will have to figure out what to do if they ship sooner than anticipated.

Thanks RoyC, I am a bit concerned about that. I cannot change the shipping instructions on the website yet (if I ever can), and I am headed out on travel for a bit, so the signature required part is a potential needle to be threaded. Will have to figure out what to do if they ship sooner than anticipated.
As @RoyC mentioned you can request a hold or alternate delivery, say to a FedEx Store for FedEx or UPS Store with UPS. One of them even offered Walgreens as an option. I could be wrong, but I think this is free with FedEx but UPS wanted to charge me a fee last time I went to use it.

Thanks RoyC and brian! I have accounts with both delivery services and have had mixed success tried to re-schedule higher value packages that require signature.
I think it was UPS that wouldn't let me re-direct to a hold at the store unless/until they had tried to deliver at least once. And when I tried that, it didn't work and I just got a couple more "we were here and you weren't" stickers on the door. I am going to watch this closely and try to be proactive, which can be difficult when one is on the road.

Still looking for a Z 9 for my wife. Any recommendations?
What worked for me was just sort of haunting the Best Buy website on Tuesday evenings. The listing for Z9 repeatedly said "Sold out" when I refreshed the page, until all of sudden it didn't and the Add to Cart bar was yellow. As I noted above, after I lost the first one I saw available, I pre-populated the payment and shipping stuff in the My account section so that check out would be swifter. Seems to have worked. I have an order number and got a voice call from Best Buy today to confirm that I had made the purchase. Waiting for the shipping info now.

What Jim0379 said, it has worked for me and a number of others that I am familiar with. Mondays and Tuesdays various times throughout the day. Have an account setup along with payment options so you will be just 4 or 5 clicks away from buying.

Best Buy took lots of orders yesterday. They seem to sell a few, go out of stock, then sell more an hour or so later. This seems to be the pattern for the past month or so.
I was on BB yesterday but perhaps not at the correct time. I’ll keep watching

Back