Z9 camera settings and Adobe raw converters

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

bjanes

Supporting Member
Marketplace
The Z9 has settings for lens distortion, diffraction mitigation and vignetting correction. These are appllied to in camera jpegs, but are these settings picked up and applied by Adobe raw converters to raw files and how would these interact with Adobe's own lens corrections?

Bill

Not sure this will fully answer your question. When importing files from the Z cameras/lenses, you can look at the Lens Corrections section. There you will see a footnote that states - Built-in Lens Profile applied. Nikon has done that part for us and their settings are imported with the raw file. I do not know if or how the profiles can be modified. Others with more knowledge may be able to provide futher answers.

Last edited:
In addition to the above you can also go into preferences and tell Lightroom to match the other camera settings. In this case it is using Lightroom sliders to try to emulate what camera settings it finds in the metadata. Those are changeable by moving the sliders.

Also, on the right panel under presets on the bottom, Adobe LRC has Adobe or Camera defaults that clean up the image nicely. At this point, for me and my shooting, Adobe Default is better.

Back