Z9 EVF breakup issue

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Fishboy1952

Supporting Member
Marketplace
So earlier this week I was commenting on I’ve had my Z9 for about 20 months and have had no issues. And then this morning….

I was taking images of an adult bald eagle on top of a pole with no issues. I lowered the camera for a minute and it went into standby. I raised the camera back up and initiated BBAF. I have a 3X3 grid in my EVF display and I was surprised to see my view of the pole and eagle were broken up along the horizontal grid lines. Imagine the upper 1/3 shifted to the right compared to the middle, and the lower 1/3 shifted to the left. I did not see if the back screen showed the same.
I lowered the camera and tried it again and got the same result. So I turned the camera off, counted to 10, and turned it back on. No issues. I should have taken an image when it was doing this, but I didn’t.

In summary, the rest of the morning was fine. I just wanted to pass this along as I had not heard of an EVF issue like this.

Back