Z9 -issue after update 4.01

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My screen is switching back and forth from horizontal to vertical if I tilt the camera at all, with the lock button firmly in place.
I've tried turning off and on and it keeps happening. I tried taking out battery and putting back in.
Not sure if I'm missing something ? Has any one else experienced this ? It was not doing this before the firmware update.

My Z8 was doing this after returning from Nikon service. There is a setting in the Tools menu to auto-rotate the display (on/off). Maybe try checking this setting? Fingers crossed your fix is as simple as mine was.

Yes I noticed this a couple of days ago. If I point the camera down (lens to ground) and rotate the camera horizontally in a small circle it flips the display several times. I think the horizontal/vertical sensors need a software filter on them.

My Z8 was doing this after returning from Nikon service. There is a setting in the Tools menu to auto-rotate the display (on/off). Maybe try checking this setting? Fingers crossed your fix is as simple as mine was.
That was the problem:) easy fix ! thank you. It was one of those set and forget things and I went back through and turned it off. So, it’s not as bad but still has an issue as explained by jerrylwatson in above post.

Happens to me all the time when reviewing shots; keep meaning to turn the option off in fact. And I'm trying to remember but think it did become more frequent after the update, but can't testify to the veracity of that; certainly always a quirk when reviewing shots with the lens pointed to the ground.

Back