Z9 shutter problem

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JDG Photo

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Help. Z9 shutter button will not take photo. Today I was taking photos using Nikon 600mm f/4 lens and a Nikon SD500 flash. Then the Flash-ready indicator light on the flash turned off. I turned off the camera and turned it back on but the indicator did not light up. I disconnected the flash from the camera and when I turned it on the light came back on. When I tried to shoot without the flash the shutter button would not take a photo. It would auto focus. I replaced the Z9 with a Z7II and the flash worked just fine. I put another lens on the Z9 and the shutter worked. I figured that this must have cleaned the contacts. I cleaned the contacts on the Z9, the FTZ II and the lens. Put the Z9 back on the 600mm lens and it and the flash worked for about 20 shots. Back to the same problem.
Suggestions of what else I can try?

Help. Z9 shutter button will not take photo. Today I was taking photos using Nikon 600mm f/4 lens and a Nikon SD500 flash. Then the Flash-ready indicator light on the flash turned off. I turned off the camera and turned it back on but the indicator did not light up. I disconnected the flash from the camera and when I turned it on the light came back on. When I tried to shoot without the flash the shutter button would not take a photo. It would auto focus. I replaced the Z9 with a Z7II and the flash worked just fine. I put another lens on the Z9 and the shutter worked. I figured that this must have cleaned the contacts. I cleaned the contacts on the Z9, the FTZ II and the lens. Put the Z9 back on the 600mm lens and it and the flash worked for about 20 shots. Back to the same problem.
Suggestions of what else I can try?
Check if you didn't accidentally put it on Video.

Back