Zf or Z 6II or iPhone 15 Pro Max?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I just recently got the Zf and it is going to be one of my all time favourite cameras. However if I wanted to travel light, I'd leave it behind and just take my phone.
Totally agree, as a FF camera the ZF is excellent, love it from the few i have temporally used.
For myself i wanted 45mp as a minimum, and recently got the Z8 dirt cheap new, the Z8 is defiantly a better camera, but gee the ZF is amazing, i also have a silver DF i love and some of the purists they still laugh at me having one, till they see what it can do on a Ziess 50mm LOL.

I am hoping the Z7III will have the ZF features plus at 60mp which = small light size resolution new technology. If that's the case i will swap out the Z8 quickly.

Thanks all for your responses. I now have a new Zf and really like it for a candid, street, and scapes walk-around camera so far. After four days of use I pretty well have the settings locked in especially on the ibutton and in My Menu. Still some features like HEIF support and pixel shiftingI shooting that I haven't tried. IQ is very good and autofocus and other features similar to the Z8 are pluses. VR can be set to follow the focus point. The stills/video switch allows flipping between normal stills (color or set by Picture Control), B&W stills and video.
I am enjoying the ergonomics and, as I thought, the process of setting by dials is causing me to be more deliberate in making and adjusting exposures in those situations where subject is static. I have ordered an extended grip for large hand size from iWoodStore.com. I expect that will enhance handling considerably.
While I use the iPhone 15 ProMax for snapshots, I much prefer those Nikon bodies in hand.

Thanks all for your responses. I now have a new Zf and really like it for a candid, street, and scapes walk-around camera so far. After four days of use I pretty well have the settings locked in especially on the ibutton and in My Menu. Still some features like HEIF support and pixel shiftingI shooting that I haven't tried. IQ is very good and autofocus and other features similar to the Z8 are pluses. VR can be set to follow the focus point. The stills/video switch allows flipping between normal stills (color or set by Picture Control), B&W stills and video.
I am enjoying the ergonomics and, as I thought, the process of setting by dials is causing me to be more deliberate in making and adjusting exposures in those situations where subject is static. I have ordered an extended grip for large hand size from iWoodStore.com. I expect that will enhance handling considerably.
While I use the iPhone 15 ProMax for snapshots, I much prefer those Nikon bodies in hand.
Sounds like you made the right choice. I have found as you have, that the having the dials on top make me think more about exposure adjustments. And of course when you want to, you can make the choices in same way as a Z8 or 9 using the front and back dials.

For portability, go w/ the iPhone. Fits in your pocket, always with you. You can shot in raw ...Unless I need specialized features of the ML or just want to carry a "real camera" with me ... Of courses you could get a ZF which looks like a retro camera..

Last edited:
Back