Zf with manual focusing Voightlander lens

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I recently purchased a Voightlander manual focus lens, specifically the 50mm f1.0. My understanding is that the Zf can do subject and eye detection with manual focus lenses, but when I attach the Voightlander, the camera turns off subject detection and defaults to single spot focusing. When I put a Nikon autofocus lens back on, without changing any settings, subject detection returns. My question is, is the Zf capable of subject detection with the Voightlander, and if so, how do you engage it?

There is a menu setting to enable subject detection with manual focus called MF subject detection area. You select whether you want All, Wide L, Wide S, MF Subject detection off. Off is default setting.

Thank you for your reply. I actually discovered this myself shortly after I posted. I kind of glossed over that menu when I initially set up the camera because I didn't have any manual focused lenses at the time. Then I for got about it. All is well now. Thanks again for your efforts.

Back