Any advice on how to sell camera bags

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
For those of members of the bag of the month club, any advice on to sell our excess bags? Or know of service/person who can sell for me?

I hand mine to a local charity shop for free. I’ve tried ebay where it seems most buyers I’ve had have tried to spam me and eBay takes the buyers side. Way too stressful. I could trade in to my camera store. I never have Because I’m lazy.

I hand mine to a local charity shop for free. I’ve tried ebay where it seems most buyers I’ve had have tried to spam me and eBay takes the buyers side. Way too stressful. I could trade in to my camera store. I never have Because I’m lazy.
I tried ebay recently and the bag set there for 6-8 weeks before I finally pulled. Not even an offer.

I throw them on Facebook marketplace or craiglist and just let them sit. Its crazy how many times someone reaches out after months of having them on there and buys it

I throw them on Facebook marketplace or craiglist and just let them sit. Its crazy how many times someone reaches out after months of having them on there and buys it
Good idea. Only hiccup is when I travel, then what? Ignore the potential buyer - on ebay if they send you $ and you don't delivery you are in trouble.

I have two that I am going to give to the photography club my wife's aunt is a member of. They can give them to members in need or raffle/sell them and reinvest the money back into the club.

I was able to trade in one of my bags when I traded in my D500 and D850.

Actually, some bags, especially Think Tank and a few others, will get buyers. But it does come down to price in the end. The lens bag I use for my 600mm I bought used.

I often sell items very cheaply or even give items away to photographers who are starting out as my way of giving back. Maybe there is a camera club in your area with newbies who can't afford a good camera bag. Just a thought.

Yes sir, I am a card-carrying member of the Bag of the Month Club :LOL: I've been waiting (since last summer) for Nomatic's new Peter McKinnon entry, which I'm really excited to finally get later this month. Boy was this latest Kickstarter campaign delayed, no fault of Nomatic though.

For my used bags, I give some away to my buddy who runs a film class and he's always looking for bags / cases. Some of them I'll sell on eBay but it's almost not worth the time (their fees are a 🤬), unless it's a larger / higher-end bag.

Speaking of which - I have a mint Lowepro Protactic BP 450 AWII backpack, if anyone's interested. Comes with everything, even the original packaging. $160, and I'll throw in free continental US shipping.

Back