Any advice on how to sell camera bags

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rich ... I am more in the bag of the quarter club :) I have re purposed some for storage of gear used for portrait sessions done once ever couple of years or other gear "I might use again and they work in my closet for sitting the two bags I actually use on top of :) I like others have donated a bunch over the years :) Ironically I now use two Think Tank Retrospective 50 duffels since I mostly travel by vehicle. One fitted with sleeping pad foam I custom cut to fit and can add or subtract as needed depending on what I am carrying. Works great with a 600 f/4 E with gripped D850 attached :) The second has a Think Tank Stash Master 13L for Z6II, Z100-400, 500 pf or other body and lens combos in one end and the other end actually used for duffel, fleece, jackets, gloves, rain gear etc.. I drive to my shooting spot of the day and hit the trails and fields with the Think Tank/MR JanGear concoction I put together that allows me to carry 600 f/4 with the gripped D850 mounted and ready to deploy in seconds and with Think Tank Lens Case Duos for lenses and a water bottle and Think Tank Digital Holster 50 that holds my gripped Z6II with Z100-400 or 500 pf with hood in use position and with or without 1.4 TC mounted so it is on my right hip ready to deploy as needed.

Keh.com sells used ones, so they must buy used ones.
KEH gives pennies on the dollar for camera bags, then marks them up. In their real business location, they have a big box of small camera bags for $5-10 each.

I'm one of the very few people that does not buy camera bags and actually wears them out. I've got a Think Tank Airport Addicted I've used for years because it does not have the added weight of wheels. I have a LowePro 600AW for my 600mm lens. I'm on my second Think Tank Turnstyle 2.0 for my field bag. It's a torso bag that holds lenses and accessories while I carry one camera and a tripod into the field.

Last edited:
KEH gives pennies on the dollar for camera bags, then marks them up. In their real business location, they have a big box of small camera bags for $5-10 each.

I'm one of the very few people that does not buy camera bags and actually wears them out. I've got a Think Tank Airport Addicted I've used for years because it does not have the added weight of wheels. I have a LowePro 600AW for my 600mm lens. I'm on my second Think Tank Turnstyle 2.0 for my field bag. It's a torso bag that holds lenses and accessories while I carry one camera and a tripod into the field.
I am jealous and impressed :) I made a lot of bag purchase goofs. I do like my Ruggard Alpine 600 Lens backpack for 600mm with dslr attached but once I put my MRJangear and Think Tank front rapid access carry system together I no longer needed it as a backpack so it has been sitting in a corner until I do :)

Back