Backyard Wildlife photos

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Two Harris’s Hawks shot from my backyard. They were in my neighbor’s tree. Nikon D500 with Nikon 500mm PF
50B78733-71B4-4EA8-8889-07F210DF1103.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

5876B050-A4E0-4B7E-8F65-6E283CF3CCD3.jpeg

FE3416E2-E7E5-4DDF-9A0D-07C67C9A332C.jpeg

73BD6296-C7A9-4E60-A559-1D2A3DC35E3F.jpeg

We have an above-ground goldfish pond in our back yard. A mink visits us on occasion. Nikon D850 wearing a 400mm f/2.8 VR lens.
_KZ75920-Edit-1600.jpg

We have a lot of bold raccoons as well - so one evening I set up 3 studio strobes around the bird feeders. Nikon D850 wearing a 70-200 f/2.8e FL lens. (3) Einstein strobes.
_KZ76371-1600.jpg

_KZ76410-1600.jpg

Not out my back door, but actually came inside our house!! This King Parrot is obviously very used to humans and must get fed around the area as this guy dec ided to fly into our house and sit atop my grandsons toy kitchen set. I just happened to have my Z7II + 50 f1.2S nearby and took a few shots whilst he sat there posing. In order to get him to go back outside, I put some birdseed in a wooden bowl and he gladly jumped on and I carried him and the bowl back outside!

He is now a regular visitor to our home, but we feed him outside.

original.jpg

Here are some other shots of visitors to our house.
King Parrot
original.jpg

Rainbow Lorikeet on our Banksia Tree out the front
original.jpg

Rainbow Lorikeet on our flowering gum out the front
original.jpg

Rainbow Lorikeet on out Bottle Brush out the front
original.jpg

Crimson Rosella on our back lawn
original.jpg

Australian Magpie
original.jpg

Last edited:
Our old back yard 2-23-2019 ... we had snow ... taken out of my bathroom window .... it made a great blind ... put on warm clothes ... close vents and door and open the window enough to get the lens out :cool: Nikon D850 Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 G2.

_KMM3772.jpg
_KMM3701.jpg

Not out my back door, but actually came inside our house!! This King Parrot is obviously very used to humans and must get fed around the area as this guy dec ided to fly into our house and sit atop my grandsons toy kitchen set. I just happened to have my Z7II + 50 f1.2S nearby and took a few shots whilst he sat there posing. In order to get him to go back outside, I put some birdseed in a wooden bowl and he gladly jumped on and I carried him and the bowl back outside!

He is now a regular visitor to our home, but we feed him outside.

original.jpg

Here are some other shots of visitors to our house.
King Parrot
original.jpg

Rainbow Lorikeet on our Banksia Tree out the front
original.jpg

Rainbow Lorikeet on our flowering gum out the front
original.jpg

Rainbow Lorikeet on out Bottle Brush out the front
original.jpg

Crimson Rosella on our back lawn
original.jpg

Australian Magpie
original.jpg
Wow, Lance B! You have quite the nice selection of avian subjects to photograph! Wonderful shots!

Back