Big Prime - Camera Bags & Backpacks

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Nah, I wouldn't try to stuff an ICU in the MS36L rather, I was looking to modify a travel backpack with an ICU as an alternative to the MS36L.

Ah sorry, I must've misread and connected two thoughts of yours (MS36L, and ICU) together that didn't belong lol.

The Nya Evo XL will certainly do it. I don't have any experience with the Fstop stuff yet.

None of the Shimoda or Peak design ICU's are large enough

Nya-Evo 60-C + large RCI, with Z8/600 PF, hood, Sony RX100VA, assorted MF lenses, batteries, hub, SSD. (More items in the top compartment.) I haven’t expanded the pack from 44L to the full 60L capacity.

IMG_2154.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Received word that MrJan Gear will (re)launch the Boris M, a backpack similar to the current Boris IV but M stands for Molle.
The M will be more of a "naked" backpack, ideal for plane trips and yet modular due to the Molle system. This launch will come with an introduction price, will keep you all up to date.

if you're in touch with the big man - suggest the bags come with more weather resistant outsides lol

I find the Boris IV already pretty compact and naked. I'm interested to see what the M looks like

if you're in touch with the big man - suggest the bags come with more weather resistant outsides lol

I find the Boris IV already pretty compact and naked. I'm interested to see what the M looks like
From time to time I am indeed in contact with him. I am from Belgium, a small dot on the globe but makers of MrJan Gear and NYA-EVO backpacks :) (one living in Slovakia and the other in Sweden but both from the Flanders region).

Maybe not the correct thread to ask this in but thought I'd throw it out there....

1) What is the cost of the NYA-EVO XL ICU.....I can't see the price as it is sold out
2) Has there been any word when the XL ICU is going to be back in stock?
3) Has anyone tried an NYA-EVO XL ICU in an F-stop ANJA bag?

My main bag I use is the F-stop Anja with F-stop XL ICU. I do like the NYA-EVO feature of being to pull out from the top flap. I would consider adding the NYA-EVO XL to my AJNA. Looking at external measurements it appears the NYA-EVO would fit even though it is slightly bigger in all dimensions. Width and depth are under 1cm difference. Height is more but that should be okay as it will just fill in more of the area under the top flap of the Ajna.

IMG_3756.jpg

I also have a number of GuraGear bags that I've used in the past but I always trend back to the Ajna.
IMG_4353 2.jpg

IMG_4354 2.jpg

Maybe not the correct thread to ask this in but thought I'd throw it out there....

1) What is the cost of the NYA-EVO XL ICU.....I can't see the price as it is sold out
2) Has there been any word when the XL ICU is going to be back in stock?
3) Has anyone tried an NYA-EVO XL ICU in an F-stop ANJA bag?

My main bag I use is the F-stop Anja with F-stop XL ICU. I do like the NYA-EVO feature of being to pull out from the top flap. I would consider adding the NYA-EVO XL to my AJNA. Looking at external measurements it appears the NYA-EVO would fit even though it is slightly bigger in all dimensions. Width and depth are under 1cm difference. Height is more but that should be okay as it will just fill in more of the area under the top flap of the Ajna.

I also have a number of GuraGear bags that I've used in the past but I always trend back to the Ajna.
all backpack talk of any kind is accepted in this thread!

1) I cannot tell either. I emailed them and asked for the pricing and they ignored my question (granted I asked lots of other questions - so they may have missed it). based on their other pricing:

xs - $69
s - $79
m - $99
l - $119
xl - $139? $149?

2) Nya replied to me and said I could expect stock of the XL to return in June 2024

3) I have not. I've never owned anything F-Stop related (yet).

Yeah that $179 is a bit steep. For comparison the similar sized f-stop XL is $129.
Given that price, even if the NYA-EVO fit well into my Ajna I don't think gaining the top loading feature would be worth it.
Probably better to cut the top off my F-stop ICU instead 😁

$175 for an ICU? May as well buy an integrated bag.

yeah those Nya Evo are definitely some of the most expensive bag/ICU's out there. hopefully the quality justifies the price.

I'll probably bite and try one out anyways. I really want to like the design, material, top loading, etc. Seems like a meaningful upgrade from the Boris IV - except that it can't hold as much. however I should just stop taking my 400TC + 800PF places anyways. either one lens or the other.

Received word that MrJan Gear will (re)launch the Boris M, a backpack similar to the current Boris IV but M stands for Molle.
The M will be more of a "naked" backpack, ideal for plane trips and yet modular due to the Molle system. This launch will come with an introduction price, will keep you all up to date.

I am leaving Monday on safari but will get my hands on the Boris M backpack when I get back so somewhere next month will I be able to post some photos of the backpack.
It is not yet on the website of MrJan Gear but should be very soon.

Back