Birding Bobcat

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ken Miracle

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Out for a quick birding trip. Nikon D850 and 600mm f/4 E. Still waiting on parts for D6 repair.

I was birding in Barber Park along the Boise River. This is an urban park with a fair amount of natural riparian and upland habitat.

As I was photographing some sparrows in a wild rosebush I noticed movement behind the bush and first thought dog then my mind went to fur spots and Bobcat just as it stepped around the bush and into the tall grass.
K85_1450.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
K85_1457.jpg
K85_1460.jpg

Wow! Very nice!
I lived not very far from Barber Park before I moved to TX in 1997, but unfortunately didn’t start doing much photography until a few years later.

Wow! Very nice!
I lived not very far from Barber Park before I moved to TX in 1997, but unfortunately didn’t start doing much photography until a few years later.
Thank you Craig ... we live downstream near Parkcenter Pond now ... used to live in River Run and Surpise Valley before that so S.E. Boise has been our haunt since moving here from Twin Falls about 35 years ago.

Wow. Nothing pays off like time in the field. We never know where or when but it all starts with showing up. Congrats and well done.
Thanks Dan and your right about time in the field ... I have been busier with other stuff than I would like in my retirement recently but try to always make sure I get out every Tuesday and Thursday off days for my workout routine and frequently far fewer people out and about.

Out for a quick birding trip. Nikon D850 and 600mm f/4 E. Still waiting on parts for D6 repair.

I was birding in Barber Park along the Boise River. This is an urban park with a fair amount of natural riparian and upland habitat.

As I was photographing some sparrows in a wild rosebush I noticed movement behind the bush and first thought dog then my mind went to fur spots and Bobcat just as it stepped around the bush and into the tall grass.View attachment 25449View attachment 25450View attachment 25451
Ken, Gorgeous shots!👍👍👍

As I was photographing some sparrows in a wild rosebush I noticed movement behind the bush and first thought dog then my mind went to fur spots and Bobcat just as it stepped around the bush and into the tall grass.View attachment 25449View attachment 25450View attachment 25451
Nice. I’ve only seen 2 in the wild and neither stuck around for a photo op.

Lovely. Well done!

Back