Birds with my new Z600 TC

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Congrats on the 600 TC Lance.
Absolutely stellar images as always, showing both your skill and the IQ of the lens.
Please, keep them coming
I'm a bit jealous of the selling price of your 400 FL :p

Great shots as always Lance. I'm new to this forum, but I've seen your work elsewhere and always admired it.

I guess if you are used to holding the Z 800mm, then the two additional pounds of the Z600 TC may not be that big a deal, but what do you use to support either the Z600TC or the now sold Z 800mm when holding them?

Great shots as always Lance. I'm new to this forum, but I've seen your work elsewhere and always admired it.

I guess if you are used to holding the Z 800mm, then the two additional pounds of the Z600 TC may not be that big a deal, but what do you use to support either the Z600TC or the now sold Z 800mm when holding them?
Thank you very much, Phil. Much appreciated!
No support other than handholding them. If I was in a stationary position for any length of time and concentrating on a particular spot where I was after split second response to a particular action from the bird, or was doing video, I may consider a monopod or tripod.

Thank you very much, Phil. Much appreciated!
No support other than handholding them. If I was in a stationary position for any length of time and concentrating on a particular spot where I was after split second response to a particular action from the bird, or was doing video, I may consider a monopod or tripod.
That’s what I assumed. I don’t think I would have a problem with the 800mm, but I wonder at what point the weight would become an issue. Thanks for responding. I look forward to more images from you.

That’s what I assumed. I don’t think I would have a problem with the 800mm, but I wonder at what point the weight would become an issue. Thanks for responding. I look forward to more images from you.
All good. It obviously depends on the person and their ability to hold the weight up for any length of time. I can usually hold the 600TC up for quite a while say a few minutes at a time but need to let it drop for a rest and then start again. The 800pf a little longer of course. However, the 400 f2.8E FL VR I had had become way too difficult even for half a minute and it weighed 1kg heavier than the 600TC. The 600TC feels like a feather compared to my old 400 f2.8. I just didn't use the 400 f2.8E FL VR any more due to its weight and is why I sold it for the 600TC. :)

Back