Canon R5ii & R1 : Orders being taken.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Quick run in the marsh with RF 600 and R5m2--really basic settings, no real optimisation of what I was doing. Woodpecker (about 50 yards out, plus really wrong high shutter speed) and heron (about 25 yards out) almost straight against the sun (plus, heavy water highlights for the heron photo), immature linnet (about 10 yards out) at 90 degrees. Tight crops from DPP with no enhancement except for chrominance noise reduction for the linnet photo--it had some blotching before dialing that setting up a bit. The camera found all critters' eyes very consistently.

And did I mention Canon has the colours spot on with no need for tinkering.

View attachment 95798

View attachment 95799

View attachment 95800

Bonus: a goose (30 yards out, again against the sun), don't know which one it is, the Merlin app is saying Egyptian but I'm not sure. Here there was a bit of focus jumping from eye to body as the head was very close to water.

View attachment 95802
just letting you know that your last pic is not a goose but a juvenile Shelduck (y)

I'm wondering how you are processing the r5ii files. Is lightroom fully up to speed or is it the temporary setting, or are you using dpp4?

Back