Can't Edit Nikon Z8 Raw in Photoshop Elements 2020 Camera Raw

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I got it to work. :coffee:
First Image is Photoshop Camera Raw
Second is Elements Camera Raw- more limited choices
Third is the file path for Elements. You will find the Camera Raw plugin that you need in the plugins>CC>file formats path.
Fourth is the contents of that path. The last file there - CameraRaw.plugin with no ~ in front of it was the one I copied from photoshop CC file formats. The file with the 15 in was my prior camera raw that I had added to support the Z9.

I got it to work. :coffee:
First Image is Photoshop Camera Raw
Second is Elements Camera Raw- more limited choices
Third is the file path for Elements. You will find the Camera Raw plugin that you need in the plugins>CC>file formats path.
Fourth is the contents of that path. The last file there - CameraRaw.plugin with no ~ in front of it was the one I copied from photoshop CC file formats. The file with the 15 in was my prior camera raw that I had added to support the Z9.

I don't understand why it didn't work for me. Very frustrating. I think I need to find someone here to help me. Thank's.

I don't understand why it didn't work for me. Very frustrating. I think I need to find someone here to help me. Thank's.
Make sure you start with the Mac HD and not your user name to find the path. There are two Library paths. To show the Library folder hold down Option while you push GO in finder. If you left the camera raw.plugin you will have to of them. You need to put the ~ in front of the old one. If you think you copied it and you go to PSE and choose About>PlugIn and see its still an old camera raw you don't have the right file in the path I showed you. If you still can't get it done, PM me and I will help you live.

Last edited:
Make sure you start with the Mac HD and not your user name to find the path. There are two Library paths. To show the Library folder hold down Option while you push GO in finder. If you left the camera raw.plugin you will have to of them. You need to put the ~ in front of the old one. If you think you copied it and you go to PSE and choose About>PlugIn and see its still an old camera raw you don't have the right file in the path I showed you. If you still can't get it done, PM me and I will help you live.

That is cool that you went to the trouble of sorting it out. Sounds like the OP might need more detailed step by step.

That is cool that you went to the trouble of sorting it out. Sounds like the OP might need more detailed step by step.
Thanks. I am willing to get on the phone with anyone and help walk them through it. I felt this pain with my Z9.

That said for PSE users - Lightroom is now so advanced, I highly recommend you give it a try. At 9.99 for the 20GB plan, consider the what you spend on any streaming service and how important photography is to you. You can still go back to use other features of PSE at any time.

Plis
Thanks. I am willing to get on the phone with anyone and help walk them through it. I felt this pain with my Z9.

That said for PSE users - Lightroom is now so advanced, I highly recommend you give it a try. At 9.99 for the 20GB plan, consider the what you spend on any streaming service and how important photography is to you. You can still go back to use other features of PSE at any time.

If the op is unsure, I'll add that PSE is similar to Photoshop and the camera raw part of PSE is similar to Lightroom, so a bit easier to make the transition. Lightroom is similar to the pse organizer plus a very powerful flat file editor. A right click from there to go to photoshop if layers are needed. PSE has a lot of similarities, it is just watered down, but pse with Elements Plus added makes up for some of the shortfalls.

Thank you. I may take you up on that. I'll start here to see if I can get someone face-to-face and failing that I may take you up on your offer. I really appreciate all your help !!

Back