Color or Black and White?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I saw this old bull bison on a recent trip to Yellowstone. He was obviously on his own and was trying to hide under a bush in a futile attempt to get out of the snow. I noted that both of his horns were broken, evidence that his fights for mating rights and a place in the herd are over. Let me know which image you like better, the color image of the B&W image.View attachment 79702View attachment 79703
Both are just terrific. I do however favor the Black and White.

I agree that some people try to save images that are not good enough by changing them to B&W. But sometimes, I think the minimalist approach of B&W can really be about changing the atmosphere of the photo, like in this on, where the bull is just waiting to die.

Thanks for the opinion. In the end, I think I like the B and W better, too, but opinions seem split about 50/50.
I am a sucker for black and white images. I am slowly starting to do more and more b&w edits on my own images. I have done quite a few with Silver FX but am getting more comfortable doing my own without plug ins.

Back